Friday 5 September 2014

Five for Friday!


Today we are linking up with Doodle Bugs teaching for their five for Friday Linky Party.



For many of us on the other side of the boarder, this is our first week back to school. 

It is currently Friday and I feel the picture below pretty much sums up how many of us are feeling.


Are you looking for a great book to help introduce how to write a story.  Well look no further.  My good friend over at secondgradealicious introduced me to this book last year and I can't thank her enough.  

Along with this book we talked about the various elements that make up a narrative.


Next we talked about what type of graphic organizer we could use (G.O.)



Then We used this graphic organizers to us write our story. 
 

Also, this week the students and I have been talking about nouns.  To help students remember what is a noun, we made up these posters for parts of speech.  



On a personal note our daughter began Senior Kindergarten this week.  She was ready to rock and roll.  Such a big difference from all the anxiety she had last year.



As some of you know, I am also a part time planning teacher.  When I walked into a friends room and saw how she was using marbles at a sand table, well I just had to take a few pics.  The students were in heaven.  There was a glass lid on top of the table with a medium size hole.  The students would shoot the marbles around until they all went down the hole.  Then they would take the lid of the table off and run their hands all around the bottom of the bin to see where the marbles would go.


 Due to the noise we put some paper at the bottom of the plastic bin to soften the sound. 

Needless to say I think I will be stealing this idea the next time I'm in kindie land.  


Cheers and have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment